About the University of Illinois Urbana- Champaign:
- The University of Illinois was founded in 1867 as part of the Land Grant university system established by President Abraham Lincoln.
- With over 40,000 students, the Urbana-Champaign campus stands today as the main campus of the University of Illinois system.
- The 2022-23 U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges rankings rated Illinois as the number 13 public university and the number 41 national university.
About the Champaign- Urbana Area:
- Champaign-Urbana is anchored by the principal cities of Champaign and Urbana and is home to the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, the flagship campus of the University of Illinois system.
- It is a 2-3 hour drive to three major metropolitan centers – Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
- With three interstates intersecting in Champaign–Urbana, an Amtrak station and Willard Airport, getting here is easy for everyone.
- Enjoy museums, theatres, boutique shopping, nightlife, fine dining and unparalleled attractions.