Admission into the Illinois Investment Banking Academy is highly selective and will be open in the fall for current sophomores and juniors.
Applications will be accepted in late October, followed by in-person interviews. New members officially join IBA at the conclusion of the current fall semester.
If you are interested in the process, we highly recommend reaching out to our recruitment chair Patrick Helle (email@example.com) and seniors in the fall semester to learn more about investment banking, IBA and the recruitment process.
- Possess (or have aptitude for) technical knowledge
- Have the poise, demeanor and comfort level speaking with senior professionals across multiple corporate fields – partners, clients and members of other investment banking institutions
- Demonstrate the drive and the ability to pay attention to details and to learn continuously
- Display a commitment towards the pursuit of deeper understanding of capital markets and the investment banking industry
- Earned a minimum GPA of 3.70 GPA to be considered at the discretion of the director.
This year the recruitment process will consist of a case competition, technical written test and two rounds of interviews.
Information Session: Wednesday, 9/29 5:00 - 6:00 PM in Room 3041 of the Business Instructional Facility. We will highlight the recruitment process and provide necessary information for those looking to apply. If you are not able to attend the information session, please email UIUC.IBA@gmail.com for more information.
Investment Banking Forum: Wednesday, 10/6 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM. Dress code is business casual. Panel of industry professionals speaking about their experience in the industry. This event will be hosted over Zoom and is required for all students applying to the Investment Banking Academy.
Case Competition: Case competition will be a 2-week case that will allow you to show your technical ability and soft skills.
- Team Selection: Monday, 10/11 by 11:59 PM. Teams should be 3 or 4 people. If you do not have a team, feel free to sign up individually and we will help you find a team.
- Presentation / Pitchbook Seminar: Monday, 10/11 5:00 - 6:00 PM in Room 3003 of the Business Instructional Facility
- Case Released: Thursday, 10/14 5:00 PM
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance Seminar: Wednesday, 10/13 5:00 - 6:00 PM in Room 3003 of the Business Instructional Facility
- Valuation / Financial Modeling Seminar: Thursday, 10/14 5:00 - 6:00 PM in Room 3003 of the Business Instructional Facility
- Case Submission: Thursday, 10/28 by 7:00 PM
- Case Presentations: Monday, 11/1 (if selected) in Conference Room 3023 of the Business Instructional Facility
Applications Due: Friday, 10/29 by 11:59 PM. Click Here to Download.
Technical Test: Friday 11/5 2:00 - 4:00 PM in Room 2005 of the Business Instructional Facility
First Round Interviews: 11/8 - 11/11 in Conference Room 3023 of the Business Instructional Facility. Interviews will be conducted by seniors in IBA and cover both behavioral and technical questions.
Final Interviews: Thursday, 11/11 in Conference Room 3023 of the Business Instructional Facility. Final interviews will be with Rob Metzger.
Note: All dates are tentative to change and business casual is expected dress for all events unless otherwise specified.