To send an IL transcript to other schools or employers:

Official Transcripts: The Office of the Registrar will issue official transcripts of a student’s academic record, including courses, grades, GPA, and degree upon request of the student.

Current or Recent Students – Current or recent students who have an active Student Self-Service login and password can submit an online order for an official PDF or paper transcript using the Registration and Records tab in Student Self-Service. Payment must be entered at the time the request is submitted using any major credit card.

Former Students – Former students without an active Student Self-Service login who attended 1982 or after can also submit an electronic order using the TranscriptsPlus link at the Registrar Transcript Website. Payment must be entered at the time the request is submitted using any major credit card.

To request a transcript issued to the student: Transcripts issued to student are intended for student use only and cannot be forwarded to a third-party recipient as an official transcript. Each transcript issued to the student will be stamped “Issued to the Student in a Sealed Envelope” in red ink. Third parties requiring an official copy of the academic transcript should receive the academic transcript directly from the University through Credentials Inc. (see above ‘Official Transcripts’).

For any questions relating to transcripts, please contact:

Records Service Center Transcript Unit
University of Illinois
901 West Illinois Street, Suite 140
Urbana, IL 61801

Office hours: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Phone: 217-333-9778
Fax: 217-333-3100Email:

Transfer Credit and Transcripts - Sent from other schools to Illinois:

See here for more information on off-campus transfer courses.