Late Course Drops & Incomplete Appeals
Spring 2021 Modification to Late Course Drops:
The University has extended the drop deadlines to the following list below. To view the full policy and requirements, you can go to the Provost Web Page. Students with holds on their records will need to clear these holds prior to being able to drop courses in Self-Service.
- Deadline to drop a first eight-week course without a grade of W via Student Self-Service, originally February 19, is extended to March 19 at 11:59 pm CST
- Deadline to drop a second eight-week course without a grade of W via Student Self-Service, originally April 16, is extended to May 5 at 11:59 pm CST.
- Deadline to drop a full-semester course without a grade of W via Student Self-Service, originally March 19, is extended to May 5 at 11:59 pm CST
- Deadline to trop a non-standard course without a grade of W via Student Self-Service is extended to the last day of instruction at 11:59 pm CST
Late Course Drops Summer 2020 and earlier
- A Late Drop requires College approval.
- This form requires the student to submit a personal statement explaining the circumstances for this request. Additional documentation is also recommended.
- Poor performance in a course is NOT a justifiable reason for a Drop.
- Gies Business students may apply for one late drop in which extenuating circumstances are not required. A personal statement is still required to explain this selection.
- You may want to consider grade replacement instead of a late drop. Please review the grade replacement policy and consult with your academic advisor.
- Student Code policy available here.
DEADLINE: Due before or on Reading Day of the semester you completed the course.
- An Incomplete requires BOTH instructor approval and College approval (we will reach out to your instructor after you complete this form OR you may attach evidence of instructor approval below).
- This form requires the student to submit a personal statement explaining the circumstances for this request.
- Approved incomplete coursework must be completed by the end of the 8th week of the following semester (for example, fall incompletes must be resolved by week 8 of the following spring).
- If incomplete is not changed by instructor by the 8th week an "F" will automatically be assigned for this course.
- This option is not available if you have completed the final exam.
- Student code policy available here.