- Meet with your academic advisor
- If you come across any courses offered at the abroad institution that are not pre-approved:
New course approval requests will be reviewed November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, April 1, August 15, and September 15 each year. You can expect a response 2-3 weeks after the review date. We cannot guarantee any immediacy of response and appreciate your patience while the course undergoes review.
Need Gen Ed credit? Complete form at https://go.business.illinois.edu/genedabroad
Need ACCY free elective, FIN, or BADM credit? Complete the form at https://go.business.illinois.edu/ACCYFINBADMabroad
Need credit to apply toward a minor or toward a dual degree outside of Business? Contact that department directly.
- Register for courses through host institution regarding the articulation information you have from above steps; academic advisors can assist you with making these decisions
- Once you are abroad and have a final course schedule:
Submit a course approval form reflecting your registered courses- due by October 15 (semester after you return) for students studying abroad in the spring/summer and by March 15 (semester after you return) for students studying abroad in the fall
Include in the document a copy of the information sheet or study abroad course database with the courses you enrolled in highlighted or circled. For newly approved courses, attach a copy of the approval e-mail.
Submit form (including advisor signature) to 1055 BIF or email@example.com
Need ACCY free elective, FIN, or BADM credit for the Business Minor or anything else and the course you want to take is not in the Study Abroad course database already?
- Complete the form at https://go.business.illinois.edu/ACCYFINBADMabroad
- Forms are reviewed within 4 weeks after the following dates: November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, April 1, August 15, and September 15 each year.
- You will get a response with the course equivalency via email.
- If you need your Course Approval form signed for approval, you can reply to the e-mail to request it.