Notification of Intent to Graduate
If you want to graduate, you have to notify the Gies College of Business. You will do this at the same time that you register for your final semester of classes through the student registration system.
- Select the “graduation” option from the main menu of Self-Service
- Click Apply to Graduate; Follow instructions to complete application
- Update diploma address in Self-Service
If you do not do this by the 10th day of class of your final semester, you must complete the degree list application form below Otherwise, your name will not be added to the pending degree list, and your graduation could be delayed.
1. Click here to download and complete the Undergraduate Degree List Application form.
2. Email completed form to email@example.com
If your plans change and you no longer intend to graduate at the end of the term, you will need to complete this form to have your name removed from the degree list.
Completion of Degree Requirements
The university establishes a degree certification date following the completion of each term. If you are on the graduation list, you must complete all degree requirements— including requirements to formally announce your candidacy for a degree—by the degree certification date for that term.
College Graduation Honors
To graduate with honors you must meet the following GPA requirements which are based on your total cumulative GPA. For transfer students, the computation is based on your cumulative GPA and the GPA in your UIUC coursework.
Honors: 3.500 - 3.74
High Honors: 3.750 - 3.39
Highest Honors: 3.900+
The names of students who earn Bronze Tablet university-wide honors are recorded on a plaque which hangs in the main hall of the University Library.
- You must be in the top 3 percent of your college, calculated on grades earned through the term prior to graduation. The GPA cutoff for Bronze Tablet, which differs each year, is not published.
- Transfer students must earn at least 40 hours of credit at the Urbana campus to be eligible, and their cumulative university averages must be as high as those of students in their college who have completed all their work on the Urbana campus.
The university establishes a degree certification date following the completion of each term. Students on the graduation list and others who wish to graduate at the end of a given term (for example, students who are completing make–up work or who are completing remaining requirements through non–residential enrollment) must have all degree requirements officially completed by the degree certification date for that term.
If You Miss Certification Deadlines
The Gies College of Business and campus policy do not allow individual degrees to be retroactively awarded, nor does the policy allow retroactive posting of additional majors, minors, or other academic curricular certifications to a degree that has been awarded. Students who confirm completion of outstanding degree requirements—including the requirement to formally announce their candidacy for the degree—after the official degree certification date for a particular term will have their names added to the next available graduation list. However, such students may request and receive a letter confirming their completion of all requirements for the degree and confirming the date upon which the degree will be awarded. You can request the letter from the Business Undergraduate Affairs Office in 1055 BIF.