Re-entry after a Withdrawal, Cancellation, or Leave of Absence
Gies College of Business students who Withdraw, Cancel or chose a Leave of Absence are automatically eligible for re-entry into the College and curriculum they were previously enrolled under two conditions:
a. The student is in good standing with the College of Business and UIUC
b. The student’s Final Authorized Term has not expired. Students are allowed 9 semesters to complete the Business degree.
Note: A student who was on probation will continue to be on probation when they re-enter.
Steps for Re-entry if you meet the conditions above
1. E-mail email@example.com to let us know that you plan to re-enter. Include your UIN and/or netID, the semester you hope to re-enter, your major or intended major, and your intended graduation semester.
2. If you are an international student who will need an updated visa, please work with ISSS to complete the Resuming Studies form: https://isss.illinois.edu/students/returning.html. You may list Teresa D'Urso, firstname.lastname@example.org, as the advisor for this form.
3. Teresa will sign off on your Resuming Studies form once she receives it from ISSS.
4. If a student meets the conditions for automatic re-entry and you have been absent for one semester or less (not including Summer Sessions), you will be able to register for courses once your time to register occurs OR if you have been absent for more than one semester (not including Summer Sessions), you must contact a Records Officer in the Office of Undergraduate Affairs at 217-333-2740 or email@example.com in order to reactivate your account and be assigned a registration date and time. We are not able to do this until April 1 for the summer or fall terms and after November 1 for the spring term.
Re-entry After Being Dropped (Academic Drop)
Students dropped from the Gies College of Business are not automatically eligible for re-entry.
Please submit an application only during the following periods:
- Summer/Fall Re-Entry: April 1 until the 10th day of the summer/fall semester
- Spring Re-Entry: November 1 until the 10th day of the spring semester
Applications submitted outside of this timeframe will not be reviewed, so please adhere to these timelines.
Applications will be reviewed within 7-10 business days by a committee and decisions will be communicated by e-mail.
As part of the online re-entry application, you will be asked to answer two essays. The essay prompts are provided below so that you may prepare your responses in advance.
- Please explain what you have been doing since you left the University of Illinois: (education, employment, etc.)
- What circumstances pertain to your academic difficulties? What adjustments have you made in your personal, social, or economic situations that have improved your chances for academic success?
You are required to submit official transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
901 West Illinois Street, Suite 103
Urbana, IL 61801
For the fall 2019 semester, information regarding drop status and appeals will be communicated by June 1, 2019 to your Illinois email account. More information regarding drop status can be found here.