Grade Appeals

Students who have questions regarding their semester grade in a course should confer directly with the instructor. Students who also believe the grade awarded is demonstrably improper by reason of capricious or arbitrary grading should confer directly with the instructor of the course or, if the instructor is unavailable, with the head of the department. Students who are unable through such discussion to arrive at a mutually agreeable solution may file a written appeal with the Capricious Grading Committee of the department offering the course. Prompt attention to these concerns is important. The appeal must be filed within six working weeks after the start of the next semester. Students may obtain the name of the committee chairperson from the departmental office.

For further information, refer to the section § 3-107 of the Student Code.